Last Updated: September 2021
www.oneuploops.com owned/operated by One Up Loops Inc. (“One Up Loops Inc.’, “our”, “we”, or “us”, as context may dictate) recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information. We are committed to only collecting and storing personal information where absolutely necessary for legitimate business purposes. We are committed to keeping necessary personal information accurate, secure, and confidential.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At One Up Loops Inc., we believe in the following fundamental privacy principles:
- We are mindful of the personal information we may ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you throughout the operation of our services.
- We retain personal information for only as long as is necessary.
- We strive to make it as simple as possible for the individual to control their personal information that is shared publicly, kept private, or destroyed.
- We aim to be fully transparent as to how we gather, use, and share the individual’s personal information.
- PRIVACY OFFICER
collection – the act of gathering, acquiring, recording, or obtaining personal information from any and all sources, including third parties;
consent – informed voluntary agreement, which can be express, deemed or implied, for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes;
disclosure – the act of making personal information available to any individual or third party organization other than from One Up Loops Inc.;
notice – information brought to the attention of, or within the knowledge of an individual; Notice can be:
- In writing whether it be in hard copy form or digital form;
- constructive, or implied from the circumstances;
personal information – information about an individual that does or could identify the individual, including information relating to personal characteristics, activities or views;
Personal information is any information that allows an individual, entity, or organization to be identified directly or indirectly including but not limited to: name, date of birth, title, address, telephone number, email address, and banking information. This policy applies to all personal information that is collected, used, or disclosed by One Up Loops Inc. in any form, whether oral, electronic or written.
One Up Loops Inc. is accountable for personal information in its possession or control. To ensure accountability, we have informed our users about our policies and practices.
One Up Loops Inc. will implement appropriate procedures to safeguard your personal information. Examples of such safeguards include but are not limited to:
- (a)One Up Loops Inc. will on a best effort basis safeguard personal information in its possession or control from loss or theft and from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, copying or modification through appropriate security measures depending on the sensitivity, format and storage of the personal information.
(b)One Up Loops Inc. will use appropriate care and diligence when destroying or disposing of personal information to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of any personal information.
- (c)One Up Loops Inc. on a best effort basiswill ensure the use of proper encryption and business practices when transporting personal information internally and to third parties.
One Up Loops Inc. employees or agents with access to personal information are required by agreement to respect the confidentiality of such information. As mentioned above, our third-party partners are likewise required by agreement to respect the confidentiality of personal information.
- Notice and Consent
One Up Loops Inc. will provide notice and obtain consent as appropriate regarding the collection, use or disclosure of personal information.
One Up Loops Inc. will outline to users, clients, visitors, and other individuals the purposes for which personal information will be collected, used or disclosed. The purposes may be provided in writing or electronically.
One Up Loops Inc. collects and uses personal information that may include but is not limited to the following:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
One Up Loops Inc. collects, uses and discloses personal information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- to establish and maintain a secure environment;
- to register an account with us and verify your identity as required by applicable legislation;
- to provide you with our Services;
- to develop, enhance, market or provide our products or services;
- to understand users’ needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance, market or provide products and services to meet users’ needs or expectations;
(g)such additional and necessary business purposes as may reasonably by One up Loops Inc. be required.
On request, we will either provide appropriate and full reasons on the purpose or object for such collection or refer the individual to the designated person(s) to provide appropriate and full reasons.
Personal information will not be used or disclosed for any new purpose without first identifying the new purpose and providing notice to the user and obtaining consent of the person, as applicable, unless required by law.
- Limiting Collection, Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Personal Information
One Up Loops Inc. will take reasonable steps to limit the amount and type of personal information it collects uses and discloses. Personal information will be collected by lawful means and in a fashion that is not unreasonably intrusive One Up Loops Inc. will retain personal information for only as long as is reasonably necessary for the identified purposes, or as required by applicable Canadian Laws.
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us.
- Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like other online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Information
For those in the European Union, our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use and collection of such information is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for services and/or transactions; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with legal obligations; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
- Sharing Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information to third parties.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose personal information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental demand without notice to you.
- Information Shared Publicly
Information that you expressly consent to be made public may be disclosed publicly.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
We cannot guarantee 100% security, however, we strive and we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.